GRAMPIAN PRIDE® IN ABERDEEN '23
Grampian Pride® is back to bring the local LGBT+ community and its allies together. Are your rainbows, glitter, and costumes ready? Not got yours yet click here for our shop
On Saturday 27th May 2023, we will be taking over the streets of Aberdeen to celebrate our beautiful community and be proud.
And now you’re wondering: What’s actually happening on the day? You can find all details below.
Grampian Pride parade from 11am to 12pm
- The parade will start at 11am from Holburn Junction (Albyn Place) and end at Marischal College around 12pm, with our four-legged friends (your puppies) leading the parade. We are looking for a group to hold the Grampian pride banner at the front of the parade (behind the dogs) if you are part of a group and would like to volunteer please get in touch via our contact form.
- If you are part of a group/organisation with more that 20 people attending the parade please register following the apply link above
- We will be operating an arrival queuing system from 9am, meaning the earlier you arrive, the closer to the front of the parade you’ll be.
- Quick note There is no need to get a wristband for this part of the event. Simply arrive on the day and join in the fun.
Grampian Pride Village from 1pm to 6pm
You will need a wristband to get into the village area, make sure you have booked your Ticket in plenty of time. you can then exchange your ticket for a wristband at Four Pillars from the 14th March to 26th May, during opening times, if you can’t make it in during the month, don’t worry, we will have a stall at Marischal Sq from 10:30 – 12:30 & at the main gate from 12:30 for you to exchange there.
At the village site we will have:
- Main stage, “Basshunter” headlining at 4pm, and various local artists entertaining you continuously from 1 – 6pm
- Charity engagement, with 13 different charities providing freebies, advice, information and engagement
- Outdoor bar & Tiki Tent, complete with live music, local DJ, bringing you the latest and best tunes for your Pride enjoyment
- Various foods stalls are available throughout the site, suitable for all needs
- Bouncy Castle, children’s play area, story time, rides and much more for the whole family
We hope this outline gives a better idea of what our Grampian pride event will be like.
And Psst… Have fun on the day! Costumes, music, flags, noisemakers, banners, balloons, and smiles are more than welcome! Not got yours yet click here to get them now.
We’re delighted to be able to offer an event that is so important to our community and its allies. We have and continue to fight a huge battle in equality and human rights. So, stand tall, stand proud, be you.
Hosted by Scarlette Diamonte
- 13:15 – Tiffany Lovestick
- 13:40 – Rachael Beedie (Charity Speaker)
- 13:45 – Matt Midler (Keynote speaker)
- 14:05- Bekkah Davidson
- 14:25 – Spiralmind
- 15:00 – Jaxon
- 15:25 – Ziggi Battles
- 16:00 – Basshunter
- 16:30 – Scarlette Diamonte
- 16:55 – J D Music
- 17:30 – Heartbreak Avenue
We have a variety of organisations joining us this year including:
- Rotary hub of Opportunities
- Police Scotland
- Aberdeen City Fostering
- Families Outside
- Absafe SCIO
- Rape Crises
- Alcohol and Drugs Action
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation
- Marie Curie
- Rape Crises Grampian
- St Andrew’s Children’s Society
- Aberdeen Foyer
- Scottish Fire and Rescue
There will be a variety of vendors on the day serving food, drinks and more:
- G&M Whyte – Burgers
- The Wee Brown Mouse Bakery – Bakery goods
- A-Z Delicious Donuts – Fresh Donuts
- Skoff Catering – Hot Dogs
- Shorty’s Ice Cream Parlour – Ice Cream & Milkshakes
- Little Miss Whippy – Ice Cream
- Unique Skin Cosmetics – Skin Care Products
- Cheerz – Alcohol