Who can take part
The Parade is open to individuals, organisations, businesses and community groups who either provide direct services to the LGBTI community or support or celebrate the LGBTI community, its achievements, culture and aspirations. No one is required to register for the parade unless you are providing a float.
Who can provide a float?
Anyone willing to organise and pay for a float is welcome.
We have broken down the types of floats into 3 simple catagories
1. Community float – this is a float organised and run by an individual or community group.
2. Charity Float – this is a float organised and run by or on behalf of a charity.
3. Sponsored float – This is a float organised and run by or on behalf of a business/organisation.
Grampian Pride will not charge participants; individuals, groups or organisations for partaking in Grampian Pride 2018. However, if you are from an organisation and have in place the means to either become an official sponsor of Grampian Pride or make a kind donation we would be most grateful. If this is an option for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By becoming a sponsor or making a donation you are helping us to ensure Grampian Pride stays free for those that need it. Creating an all inclusive and fun event.
Brief Information about Charity and sponsored entries
• The sponsors must support diversity and inclusion within their organisation.
• If displaying a group name; your organisation’s/sponsors name/logo should also be prominent and at least the same size as the group name.
• i.e Inter-energy sponsored by BP or Out & About a Four Pillars group
• Above all your float must be colourful and represent the LGBT+ community as a whole
• Float organisers are required to share information about participation on social media and/or other outlets, such as email bulletins leading up to the event.
Brief information for Floats and Vehicles
• Your float needs to be able to fit onto the road and make the necessary turns easily without holding up the parade.
• The Maximum dimensions for vehicles are:
Width 2.5 Metres, Length 10 Metres, Height 4 Metres
• Drivers must be insured for the vehicle they are driving and must have the correct driving license. The license and insurance certificate should be available in the vehicle for inspection prior to the start of the Parade.
• Vehicles will be inspected by the Grampian Pride team prior to the start of the parade, if deemed ‘unfit for purpose’ the float will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
The placement of your group or float in the parade will be decided by Grampian Pride on the day.
If you would like to book a float space and get full details on the requirements involved, please contact email@example.com
A city-wide street collection licence has been granted to Four Pillars on 26th May 2018 for the purpose of raising funds for Grampian Pride.
As per the collection licence rules; no individual, charity or organisations are permitted to collect donations on the parade route, or at the village, unless for the purpose of Grampian Pride.
Being apart the parade in a float provided by your organisation does not automatically entitle you into the pride village after the parade. Individuals wanting to partake in the festivities between 1pm & 8pm will need to register for their free ticket via our website.
Charities/organisations that also have a stall within the village do not need to obtain a ticket as per your stall agreement. Anyone extra to this agreement will need to obtain a ticket.